Obseron 3 is a paid upgrade, except for licences acquired in 2021 and 2022. Contact us for more information.
Full compatibility between Obseron 2 and Obseron 3 cannot be guaranteed, but it is possible to upgrade with the following instructions.
- Backup the existing configuration
- Settings > System > Export settings...
- Uninstall the old version (Obseron)
- Install the new version (Obseron 3)
- Start Obseron 3
- Enter a new product key
- Help > Enter product key...
- Obseron 2 product keys will not work on Obseron 3
- Import the settings
- Settings > System > Import settings...
- Software needs to be restarted after importing the new settings
- Re-configure the recording spaces
- On the old version the recording space was most likely e.g. D:\capture folder, on the new version the folder can be freely selected and in case of an update the same folder should be selected
- Rebuild the database with Settings > System > Troubleshooting > "Rebuild recording database on next restart" feature, this will create an Obseron 3 compatible database from the existing recordings
- Configure secondary streams for the cameras
- Primary stream can be set to full resolution and frame rate. The stream will be recorded as is and will not affect the system performance.
- Secondary stream should be kept on low resolution and lower frame rate. The stream will be used for the motion detection and analytics and it will cause most of the load on system performance.
Please sign in to leave a comment.