Default Obseron installation is always with GUI, where recording and viewing happens from within the same software. Obseron can also be installed as a service, the recording process is then ran as the system user and normal desktop user activities will not affect it.
If Obseron is currently installed with GUI, it can be transferred to service by following these instructions.
1. Enable Obseron Web server from the settings
- Settings > System > Web server > Enable
2. Backup the configuration
- Settings > System > Export settings...
3. Exit and uninstall Obseron
4. Move (don't copy) the whole configuration folder from the user appdata path to system appdata path:
- User appdata path: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Obseron3
- System appdata path: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Obseron3
5. Run Obseron installer again and choose Install as a service only
6. Let the installer finish and default browser should open and be redirected to Obseron settings
- If the browser does not automatically show Obseron, navigate to http://localhost
7. Reactivate the license from the top of the page, from Enter/Update product key (might require an contact to Obseron support, reactivation can be issued before the transfer as well)