A timeline selection can be saved as a backup file which includes recordings and camera images from the current layout. Select the beginning and end times by scrolling to the time, right-clicking the timeline, selecting Start Selection and then scrolling to the end time and right-clicking to select End Selection. For more information about timeline and selection, see Timeline. Once you have created your selections on the timeline, right-click to open the context menu and select Create Backup. From the window that opens, select the save location.
Creating backups of longer recordings
Creating a backup of recordings from a longer period of time, such as a few months, can be done fastest by copying the existing database and recordings to a new disk. This requires that the external time lookup databases are not being used (Settings > System > Separate time lookup database).
For this guide an example setup of one drive is being used. Recordings are located in the "D:\capture" folder.
To create a backup manually from the recording:
- Close Obseron. Obseron cannot be running while the index is being copied as it will corrupt the copied version.
- Copy the index.db file to a folder of your choice (for example "backup").
- Create a folder called "d" next to this index file.
- Copy all *.tt files from your "D:\capture" to this "d" folder.
Now you can open this "backup" folder from Obseron through Menu > Backup > Open Backup.
If the external time lookup database is being used, the backup must be created manually from the timeline:
- Select the beginning and end times by scrolling to the time, right-clicking the timeline, selecting Start Selection and then scrolling to the end time and right-clicking to select End Selection.
- Right-click the timeline again and select Create Backup. Select the folder you want the backup to be created in.
This backup can also be opened from Menu > Backup > Open Backup.