Motion heatmap shows how and where the detected motion is distributed in a given time interval.
Generating a motion heatmap from recordings
- Right-click the timeline.
- Select Generate Motion Heatmap.
- From the opening window, click Select cameras.
- From the opening list, select the cameras you want to generate motion heatmap from.
- Click OK.
- Set the interval and hours. Tip: Shorter interval is faster to generate.
- Set the desired type.
- Click Generate
- From the opening window, select the folder for images to be saved in and click Select folder (Open on Mac).
Adding a motion heatmap widget for live monitoring
- Enter edit mode by clicking Edit Mode (pen icon).
- Select Widget > Motion heatmap
- Click the wrench icon on the bottom left corner of the Motion heatmap widget.
- Select a camera.
- The heatmap is now collecting motion data and drawing a heatmap on the camera image.
The widget will store last 24 hours of motion data. You can change the displayed time period and generate a motion heatmap from the wrench menu in edit mode.